When you find yourself in need of a Family Law Attorney, you are probably looking for some guidance and assistance in a time of stress. With Minhas Lawyers, we aim to address your family law needs in a professional and caring manner, making sure your needs are met.
What Is Family Law
Family law involves cases that focus on child custody, paternity, adoption, divorce, and other issues that involve family issues. Family law is designed to protect the rights of children, families, and parental responsibilities.
What Does a Family Attorney Do?
Family attorneys deal with cases related to family and domestic relations. Though many cases deal with divorce and separation, these attorneys also deal with custody, support, alimony, paternity, and guardianship too.
Family attorneys, like Minhas Lawyers, will support and guide clients through divorce proceedings and other issues with child support, alimony, and assets. The attorneys will make sure proceedings are fair and the clients’ rights are protected.
How do you Choose a Good Family Law Attorney?
If you find yourself in the position to need a Family Law Attorney, here are a few tips to help you find the right one.
- Cost doesn’t always matter: Cheaper doesn’t always mean better. Higher rates may mean the lawyer is more efficient or specialized in their area of law. Because of this, the lawyer can take less time and less money than someone charging you less. Don’t base your choice of attorney on fees alone.
- Choose an Attorney that makes themselves available: With many attorneys having virtual contact available, you don’t need to keep your search to your immediate area. You can have more choices by expanding your search area. You also want an attorney who gives you the time and attention you need. You want someone who explains any legal jargon when you need them to and answers your calls or emails promptly.
- Pick one you are comfortable with:
- Meet your attorney in person: When you meet an attorney in person, you will have a better feeling of compatibility between you. You will be able to get a fuller impression of the attorney’s skill and expertise when you see them in person.
- Choose an Attorney who is an expert in Family Law: Because of the changing and complex nature of family law, you want someone who is an expert. For example, you want an attorney who has experience in the courtroom if you have a case going to court. If you are going through a divorce, separation, or custody issue, look for an attorney who has expertise in those things.
- Ask for Recommendations: Family, friends, and reviews will be honest with you when it comes to services and compatibility. From their opinions, you can narrow down your search and find the attorney that will suit your family law issue.
When legal cases involve families and children, there are always going to be emotions involved. Let Minhas Lawyers’ experience help and guide you during this time so you can breathe freely again.
Minhas Lawyers LLP is a multi-practice law firm based in Mississauga. We advise and represent clients across various segments and practice areas.
Follow Us On
Monday – Friday:
9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday:
Book Appointments Only
Phone and Fax